When will the next solar eclipse happen?
Of course, the next solar eclipse is happening August 21, 2017. This is being described as the Great American Eclipse because the totality of the eclipse is only visible from the USA. If you’re on this eclipse info site, then you likely already knew about the August 2017 solar eclipse.
After it, the next solar eclipse will happen on July 2, 2019. It will be visible in totality in South America in Chile and Argentina.
In December of the same year (2019), there will be an annular eclipse that sweeps across Southern Asia.
In fact, almost every year there is a total solar eclipse and an annular eclipse.
Upcoming Total Solar Eclipses
- July 2, 2019 – South America
- December 14, 2020 – South America
- December 24, 2021 – Antarctica
- April 20, 2023 – New Zealand and South Pacific
- April 8, 2024 – Mexico, Eastern Central USA, South-Eastern Canada
This site is a great resource and has maps of these future eclipses, including the path of totality across the face of the earth.